Friday, May 15, 2009

Open URL

Of all the 10 things I've worked on, this this was the hardest one for me to grasp. Too bad the CommonCraft folks don't have an instructional video for Open URL. I did do the activity and found the following article on Google Scholar, Global warming in the twenty-first century: An alternative scenario. When I changed the volume number and year using Citation Finder, it still gave me the same results but it had my altered information in the citation. I even changed the last name of the author and it gave me the same results. Interesting. I wish I could add some insightful comments on the subject, but I'm still trying to understand it.

Here's an Open URL for an article on helicopter parents.

Title: The tethered generation
Source: HRMagazine [1047-3149] Tyler yr:2007 vol:52 iss:5 pg:40

http://sfx.calstate.edu:9003/fullerton?&auinit=K&aulast=Tyler&atitle=The+tethered+generation&title=The+Personnel+administrator&volume=52&issue=5&date=2007&spage=40&issn=1047-3149&sid=libx

No comments:

Post a Comment